The Motorola L7 SLVR was a developer/prototype phone with crude NFC functionality built into a special battery cover. It was used in Deutsche Bahn’s Touch&Travel trial as well as in an internal trial run by Discover Financial Services in the US during 2007.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users