The Motorola L7 SLVR was a developer/prototype phone with crude NFC functionality built into a special battery cover. It was used in Deutsche Bahn’s Touch&Travel trial as well as in an internal trial run by Discover Financial Services in the US during 2007.
- Metrolink rolls out open loop ticketing on Manchester trams
- Shinhan to put credit cards on the blockchain
- Turkey unveils plans for a central bank-issued digital currency
- Samsung partners with Korean banks and carriers to launch blockchain mobile ID platform
- Libra to use QR codes to let consumers buy and sell cryptocurrency