The Motorola L7 SLVR was a developer/prototype phone with crude NFC functionality built into a special battery cover. It was used in Deutsche Bahn’s Touch&Travel trial as well as in an internal trial run by Discover Financial Services in the US during 2007.
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards
- India moves towards interoperable mobile wallets
- Apple issues apology to Chinese mobile wallet phishing victims