The Motorola L7 SLVR was a developer/prototype phone with crude NFC functionality built into a special battery cover. It was used in Deutsche Bahn’s Touch&Travel trial as well as in an internal trial run by Discover Financial Services in the US during 2007.
- Network West Midlands integrates its transit card with Google Pay
- Android patches add NFC support for Google’s Titan security keys
- Fossil launches sports watch with NFC payments
- Veterans charity uses contactless cards to collect donations via NFC
- PNC Bank to offer dynamic CVV cards to commercial customers