The Nokia N9 is a high-end MeeGo-based tablet-style smart phone which started shipping in September 2011. The 16GB version retails at of €480 (US$652) while the 64GB option carries a price tag of €560 (US$761) before taxes or operator subsidies. The N9 is not believed to support secure NFC.
- SPA white paper examines the potential of bank cards with built-in biometric sensors
- Citi to let customers check their bank account from within Facebook Messenger
- BBVA tests face recognition payments
- Indian mobile payments firms raised US$1.5bn in funding in 2017
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones