The Nokia N9 is a high-end MeeGo-based tablet-style smart phone which started shipping in September 2011. The 16GB version retails at of €480 (US$652) while the 64GB option carries a price tag of €560 (US$761) before taxes or operator subsidies. The N9 is not believed to support secure NFC.
- Liopa uses lip reading to add security to face recognition systems
- NXP adds support for FeliCa to NFC phones
- Alipay and UnionPay to support Japanese J-Coin digital currency
- ETSI mandates hardware security for consumer IoT devices
- Swiss railway operator SBB to roll out account-based mobile ticketing