The Nokia N9 is a high-end MeeGo-based tablet-style smart phone which started shipping in September 2011. The 16GB version retails at of €480 (US$652) while the 64GB option carries a price tag of €560 (US$761) before taxes or operator subsidies. The N9 is not believed to support secure NFC.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability