The Nokia N9 is a high-end MeeGo-based tablet-style smart phone which started shipping in September 2011. The 16GB version retails at of €480 (US$652) while the 64GB option carries a price tag of €560 (US$761) before taxes or operator subsidies. The N9 is not believed to support secure NFC.
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions