The 2017 Samsung Galaxy A5, announced on 2 January, supports both Sim-based (UICC) and embedded secure element based (eSE) NFC.
- ‘Connected finance’ app Curve hits £50m spend ahead of UK launch
- Venmo is testing its own physical debit card
- Google is running a massive Android Pay promo in Australia with 200,000 prizes worth $1.6 million
- Rakbank is the first bank in the Middle East to introduce Samsung Pay solutions for its ATMs
- Westpac shock as Apple bans its messaging payments app after three months