The Samsung Wave 578 is now available from Orange France, in the UK as a ‘Quick Tap’ handset via Orange, and in Singapore. The handset, announced at the Mobile World Congress in February 2011, runs Samsung’s Bada smartphone platform and will be offered by Orange across Europe.
- L’Oréal launches wearable sensor that uses NFC to alert iPhone users to the risk of sun damage to their skin
- Swiss banks face mobile payments boycott investigation
- Walmart equips staff in 3,000+ stores with mobile POS devices
- KBC to pilot multiple wearable payments options
- Deutsche Bank unveils loyalty-first mobile wallet venture