The Samsung Wave 578 is now available from Orange France, in the UK as a ‘Quick Tap’ handset via Orange, and in Singapore. The handset, announced at the Mobile World Congress in February 2011, runs Samsung’s Bada smartphone platform and will be offered by Orange across Europe.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability