Revealed in May 2012, the ‘Serie’ (model number ISW16SH) from Sharp is part of the Aquos Phone series and will be the first handset in the world to support both NFC and FeliCa technologies. The Serie features a 4.6-inch display, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, NFC and FeliCa functionality and runs Android 4.0. KDDI released the device on their Au network on 28 June 2012.
- L’Oréal launches wearable sensor that uses NFC to alert iPhone users to the risk of sun damage to their skin
- Swiss banks face mobile payments boycott investigation
- Walmart equips staff in 3,000+ stores with mobile POS devices
- KBC to pilot multiple wearable payments options
- Deutsche Bank unveils loyalty-first mobile wallet venture