Revealed in May 2012, the ‘Serie’ (model number ISW16SH) from Sharp is part of the Aquos Phone series and will be the first handset in the world to support both NFC and FeliCa technologies. The Serie features a 4.6-inch display, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, NFC and FeliCa functionality and runs Android 4.0. KDDI released the device on their Au network on 28 June 2012.
- NXP adds support for FeliCa to NFC phones
- Alipay and UnionPay to support Japanese J-Coin digital currency
- ETSI mandates hardware security for consumer IoT devices
- Swiss railway operator SBB to roll out account-based mobile ticketing
- EU sets out plans for contactless European identity cards