Starbucks has launched a new 2D barcode-based app that lets users make payments with their iPhone at 16 stores in the Seattle and Silicon Valley areas using a mobile version of their Starbucks Card. More at ReadWriteWeb.
- Nestle runs NFC marketing campaign in 480 Woolworth stores across Australia
- American Express tests HCE for NFC payments
- Hilton to let guests unlock their doors with smartphones
- HBC deploys iBeacons in Hudson’s Bay and Lord & Taylor department stores across the US and Canada
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand