The rollout of contactless payments is gathering pace in Australia, with 500 merchants in Melbourne set to install contactless terminals this month. The transaction limit is being increased to A$100, with no PIN required — expanding the use of contactless transactions beyond the small purchase levels previously set in Australia and elsewhere. The new limit means consumers will be able to pay by contactless (and, later, by NFC) for their fuel purchases as well as for coffees and other quick serve items. Will other countries follow? Read the full announcement from Visa Australia here.
- Oxigen Wallet loyalty program partnership
- Half of Brits expect to replace cash with new technologies
- Wienerschnitzel launches mobile payment and loyalty app
- CaixaBank launches HCE mobile payments app
- PayAnywhere reader supports Apple Pay