A total of 630m handsets, representing 40% of all mobile phones shipped, will come with NFC in 2015 and will drive transactions worth US$71bn, according to a new report by Informa Telecoms & Media. “We anticipate that Android will account for the largest number of NFC handset shipments from 2012 onwards,” says Informa’s Shailendra Pandey.
- US banks get on board for mobile at the ATM
- G&D gets Amex accreditation for HCE payments solution
- Apple Pay awareness, adoption and usage drops in the US
- PayPal partners with Vodafone for NFC payments in Europe
- Samsung Pay to make UK and Spain debut “very soon”