A total of 630m handsets, representing 40% of all mobile phones shipped, will come with NFC in 2015 and will drive transactions worth US$71bn, according to a new report by Informa Telecoms & Media. “We anticipate that Android will account for the largest number of NFC handset shipments from 2012 onwards,” says Informa’s Shailendra Pandey.
- SumUp raises €10m in funding
- Google invites for Project Soli tests
- Cyber Group and Sensoro roll out beacons across Greater China
- $14.9bn biometrics market by 2024
- Samsung Pay opens US beta test