The latest version of Google Maps for Android, available today, now asks for user permission to ‘control NFC’ upon installation. The new permission, reports Droid Matters, “Allows an application to communicate with near field communication (NFC) tags, cards, and readers.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway