The latest version of the Linux kernel, announced this week, brings NFC support to the open source operating system. “This release adds a NFC subsystem and a new NFC socket family,” says the feature description for version 3.1 of the core component of any Linux system.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes