POS terminal maker VeriFone has announced the H5000, a countertop point-of-sale terminal that accepts NFC and contactless payments as well as mag stripe and EMV chip cards. The device is positioned as a successor to Hypercom’s Artema Hybrid and is the first major enhancement of a Hypercom system since it was acquired by VeriFone in August 2011. First units will ship in early 2012, with general availability expected in the second quarter.
- Turkish Airlines offers travel benefits via BLE
- Xbox to get mobile purchasing
- London Underground to accept NFC payments
- USI to supply iWatch chips?
- Apple and Swatch team on iWatch?