POS terminal maker VeriFone has announced the H5000, a countertop point-of-sale terminal that accepts NFC and contactless payments as well as mag stripe and EMV chip cards. The device is positioned as a successor to Hypercom’s Artema Hybrid and is the first major enhancement of a Hypercom system since it was acquired by VeriFone in August 2011. First units will ship in early 2012, with general availability expected in the second quarter.
- Cale parking card readers to accept Apple Pay
- Barclaycard launches second generation bPay wearable payment devices
- Apple publishes UK contactless FAQ
- PayPal set to float on 17 July
- Fans get contactless entry to football matches in Cyprus