POS terminal maker VeriFone has announced the H5000, a countertop point-of-sale terminal that accepts NFC and contactless payments as well as mag stripe and EMV chip cards. The device is positioned as a successor to Hypercom’s Artema Hybrid and is the first major enhancement of a Hypercom system since it was acquired by VeriFone in August 2011. First units will ship in early 2012, with general availability expected in the second quarter.
- Americans expect cashless society in their lifetime
- Absa Bank comes to Facebook Messenger
- Mobile-only bank goes live in Germany
- LTA signs up Mastercard for account-based contactless ticketing in Singapore
- BBA reports UK contactless increase