POS terminal maker VeriFone has announced the H5000, a countertop point-of-sale terminal that accepts NFC and contactless payments as well as mag stripe and EMV chip cards. The device is positioned as a successor to Hypercom’s Artema Hybrid and is the first major enhancement of a Hypercom system since it was acquired by VeriFone in August 2011. First units will ship in early 2012, with general availability expected in the second quarter.
- Vodafone to launch NFC payments in the UK this month
- Broadcom offers IoT developer kit
- Visa licenses transactional ad platform
- Alipay partners with Huawei to add biometric security to mobile payments
- Visa adds Checkout partners