POS terminal maker VeriFone has announced the H5000, a countertop point-of-sale terminal that accepts NFC and contactless payments as well as mag stripe and EMV chip cards. The device is positioned as a successor to Hypercom’s Artema Hybrid and is the first major enhancement of a Hypercom system since it was acquired by VeriFone in August 2011. First units will ship in early 2012, with general availability expected in the second quarter.
- Oxigen Wallet loyalty program partnership
- Half of Brits expect to replace cash with new technologies
- Wienerschnitzel launches mobile payment and loyalty app
- CaixaBank launches HCE mobile payments app
- PayAnywhere reader supports Apple Pay