POS terminal maker VeriFone has announced the H5000, a countertop point-of-sale terminal that accepts NFC and contactless payments as well as mag stripe and EMV chip cards. The device is positioned as a successor to Hypercom’s Artema Hybrid and is the first major enhancement of a Hypercom system since it was acquired by VeriFone in August 2011. First units will ship in early 2012, with general availability expected in the second quarter.
- Smartphone users rate security most important app attribute, survey finds
- Apple unveils new MacBook Pro with Touch ID integration for Apple Pay payments
- Nine out of 10 commercial banks exploring blockchain for payments, survey finds
- PBoC reports on China mobile payments market
- Blockchain NFC start-up focuses on expansion after $10m funding