Samsung Electronics has joined the Open Standard for Public Transport (OSPT) Alliance, becoming the seventh company to join the association developing the Cipurse open standard for secure transit fare collection. Dojun Rhee of Samsung explained that the chipmaker expects “to play an important role in facilitating adoption of the new standard to smart card and NFC-based transportation payment eco-systems.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway