Swedish mobile operators Telia, Tele2, Telenor and 3 have formed a mobile payments joint venture. The new company plans to launch a mobile wallet by mid-2012 which will allow Swedes to pay for services such as public transportation and parking. All operators will offer the same product, making it easier for customers to switch providers.
- One billion people make use of mobile banking
- LG to launch mobile payments service?
- Ultracash launches sound-based mobile payment service in Bangalore
- Calgary to get mobile ticketing app?
- Gemalto tackles card-not-present fraud with dynamic CVV codes