Swedish mobile operators Telia, Tele2, Telenor and 3 have formed a mobile payments joint venture. The new company plans to launch a mobile wallet by mid-2012 which will allow Swedes to pay for services such as public transportation and parking. All operators will offer the same product, making it easier for customers to switch providers.
- Next iPhone to get NFC upgrade?
- “Highly interested” Canadians ready for mobile payments
- Ant Financial valued at US$45bn
- ING adds biometrics to mobile banking app payments
- 38% of Americans back biometrics