Swedish mobile operators Telia, Tele2, Telenor and 3 have formed a mobile payments joint venture. The new company plans to launch a mobile wallet by mid-2012 which will allow Swedes to pay for services such as public transportation and parking. All operators will offer the same product, making it easier for customers to switch providers.
- Visa launches VDEP service to make it easier and cheaper for banks to offer mobile payments
- UK contactless transactions up nearly 50% in six months
- Bell ID analyses Android Pay
- Stora Enso and NXP to make intelligent packaging with NFC
- Braintree integrates Android Pay into v.zero SDK