Swedish mobile operators Telia, Tele2, Telenor and 3 have formed a mobile payments joint venture. The new company plans to launch a mobile wallet by mid-2012 which will allow Swedes to pay for services such as public transportation and parking. All operators will offer the same product, making it easier for customers to switch providers.
- Transport for NSW seeks bright ideas
- MegaFon launches contactless card with carrier billing
- QuickPass launches in Macau
- Singapore aims for cashless society
- Barclaycard reveals large contactless increase across UK