Swedish mobile operators Telia, Tele2, Telenor and 3 have formed a mobile payments joint venture. The new company plans to launch a mobile wallet by mid-2012 which will allow Swedes to pay for services such as public transportation and parking. All operators will offer the same product, making it easier for customers to switch providers.
- ING opens up HCE to all Netherlands customers
- JCPenney piloting store cards on Apple Pay
- Developers unveil electronic tattoos for payments and healthcare
- Fashion mag drives 500,000 store visits with beacon campaign
- Wirecard launches HCE payments in four European countries