Swedish mobile operators Telia, Tele2, Telenor and 3 have formed a mobile payments joint venture. The new company plans to launch a mobile wallet by mid-2012 which will allow Swedes to pay for services such as public transportation and parking. All operators will offer the same product, making it easier for customers to switch providers.
- DigiSEq gets MasterCard approval to provision payments to mass market wearables
- August smart lock update lets Apple Watch users unlock their front door
- FlexStr8 brings NFC tracking to hazardous chemicals
- Ola Cabs to apply for mobile wallet licence
- Samsung Pay to start second beta testing round