MasterCard and several Jordanian banks are working on an NFC mobile payments system. “The future is for using mobiles as debit or credit cards,” Basel Eltell, VP and regional manager at MasterCard Worldwide, has told The Jordan Times. “There are more people using mobiles than cardholders and this technology will help increase the number of users of credit and debit cards in Jordan and other places where it will be implemented.”
- German carriers and retailers promote NFC mobile payments in Berlin
- Jawbone adds NFC payments to fitness trackers with AmEx
- Half of digital tickets will be bought on mobile by 2019
- Jawbone to add NFC payments?
- Kairos mechanical smartwatches get NFC payments