MasterCard and several Jordanian banks are working on an NFC mobile payments system. “The future is for using mobiles as debit or credit cards,” Basel Eltell, VP and regional manager at MasterCard Worldwide, has told The Jordan Times. “There are more people using mobiles than cardholders and this technology will help increase the number of users of credit and debit cards in Jordan and other places where it will be implemented.”
- Next iPhone to get NFC upgrade?
- “Highly interested” Canadians ready for mobile payments
- Ant Financial valued at US$45bn
- ING adds biometrics to mobile banking app payments
- 38% of Americans back biometrics