MasterCard and several Jordanian banks are working on an NFC mobile payments system. “The future is for using mobiles as debit or credit cards,” Basel Eltell, VP and regional manager at MasterCard Worldwide, has told The Jordan Times. “There are more people using mobiles than cardholders and this technology will help increase the number of users of credit and debit cards in Jordan and other places where it will be implemented.”
- Turkish Airlines offers travel benefits via BLE
- Xbox to get mobile purchasing
- London Underground to accept NFC payments
- USI to supply iWatch chips?
- Apple and Swatch team on iWatch?