MasterCard and several Jordanian banks are working on an NFC mobile payments system. "The future is for using mobiles as debit or credit cards," Basel Eltell, VP and regional manager at MasterCard Worldwide, has told The Jordan Times. "There are more people using mobiles than cardholders and this technology will help increase the number of users of credit and debit cards in Jordan and other places where it will be implemented."
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR