The UK will be the next country to get Google Wallet, following its US launch in October 2011, according to Les Echos. A pilot project involving both NFC payments and offers will begin in London in the first quarter of 2012, the French newspaper reports, with the aim of having the service live in time for the London 2012 Olympics this summer.
- US banks get on board for mobile at the ATM
- G&D gets Amex accreditation for HCE payments solution
- Apple Pay awareness, adoption and usage drops in the US
- PayPal partners with Vodafone for NFC payments in Europe
- Samsung Pay to make UK and Spain debut “very soon”