The UK will be the next country to get Google Wallet, following its US launch in October 2011, according to Les Echos. A pilot project involving both NFC payments and offers will begin in London in the first quarter of 2012, the French newspaper reports, with the aim of having the service live in time for the London 2012 Olympics this summer.
- Zuckerberg: Facebook is working on payments but it will take time to get it right
- Starbucks now processes six million mobile payments a week
- Hillshire sells more sausages with BLE beacons
- Amazon to enter mPOS market?
- Motherboard leak fuels iPhone NFC rumours