The UK will be the next country to get Google Wallet, following its US launch in October 2011, according to Les Echos. A pilot project involving both NFC payments and offers will begin in London in the first quarter of 2012, the French newspaper reports, with the aim of having the service live in time for the London 2012 Olympics this summer.
- Apple Pay accounts for 75% of all contactless payments in the US
- Australian banks seek stronger negotiating powers with third party mobile wallet providers
- Americans expect cashless society in their lifetime
- Absa Bank comes to Facebook Messenger
- Mobile-only bank goes live in Germany