Taiwanese mobile network operator Chunghwa Telecom has teamed up with transportation card operator EasyCard, chip maker NXP, and MasterCard to launch an iPhone case that enables users to make NFC payments in stores and on public transport. 10,000 of the cases, compatible with the iPhone 4 and 4S, are being produced initially.
- Next iPhone to get NFC upgrade?
- “Highly interested” Canadians ready for mobile payments
- Ant Financial valued at US$45bn
- ING adds biometrics to mobile banking app payments
- 38% of Americans back biometrics