Taiwanese mobile network operator Chunghwa Telecom has teamed up with transportation card operator EasyCard, chip maker NXP, and MasterCard to launch an iPhone case that enables users to make NFC payments in stores and on public transport. 10,000 of the cases, compatible with the iPhone 4 and 4S, are being produced initially.
- FitPay closes $3.1m round led by G&D
- Samsung looks into vein authentication
- APCA explores security code for digital wallets in Australia
- Apple Pay available in more than 2m US retail locations
- Apple begins selling Square contactless reader