Taiwanese mobile network operator Chunghwa Telecom has teamed up with transportation card operator EasyCard, chip maker NXP, and MasterCard to launch an iPhone case that enables users to make NFC payments in stores and on public transport. 10,000 of the cases, compatible with the iPhone 4 and 4S, are being produced initially.
- Mastercard planning to become a PSP in China
- PBOC working to regulate QR code mobile payments in China
- Scotiabank gives Apple Pay users 10% cashback
- PayPal to roll out NFC mobile payments across the US through Visa deal
- White paper advises banks on launching Android-based mobile payment services