Six hundred Chevron gas stations in the US are to begin accepting Google Wallet payments and will “send out signage and other point-of-purchase (POP) material to stations before year’s end,” CSP Daily News reports. “Chevron said its participation in the soft launch will allow it to gain first-hand experience with mobile payments, giving it opportunity ‘to assess the value of future participation in the program’,” the report adds.
- NXP sues Marvell over Xbox NFC chips
- Cachet adds prepaid cards to Apple Pay
- Apple CEO says 2015 will be the “year of Apple Pay”
- USAT adds support for Apple Pay
- Starbucks increases mobile payments to 16% of total