Six hundred Chevron gas stations in the US are to begin accepting Google Wallet payments and will “send out signage and other point-of-purchase (POP) material to stations before year’s end,” CSP Daily News reports. “Chevron said its participation in the soft launch will allow it to gain first-hand experience with mobile payments, giving it opportunity ‘to assess the value of future participation in the program’,” the report adds.
- Colombia festival visitors first to use Plazez mobile payments service
- MasterCard token platform close to Australia launch
- Burger King adds MasterPass to US app
- HSBC and First Direct go live with Apple Pay in UK
- HKT launches NFC mobile payments service in Hong Kong