Six hundred Chevron gas stations in the US are to begin accepting Google Wallet payments and will "send out signage and other point-of-purchase (POP) material to stations before year's end," CSP Daily News reports. "Chevron said its participation in the soft launch will allow it to gain first-hand experience with mobile payments, giving it opportunity 'to assess the value of future participation in the program'," the report adds.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR