Six hundred Chevron gas stations in the US are to begin accepting Google Wallet payments and will "send out signage and other point-of-purchase (POP) material to stations before year's end," CSP Daily News reports. "Chevron said its participation in the soft launch will allow it to gain first-hand experience with mobile payments, giving it opportunity 'to assess the value of future participation in the program'," the report adds.
- Adidas adds NFC to running shoes
- Czech firm releases universal NFC ID system
- Alfa-Bank to pilot NFC payments in Russia and the Ukraine
- Verizon and Discover join the NFC Forum
- Musemini trio gets NFC pairing