Verizon Wireless and Alcatel-Lucent are demonstrating a range of mobile solutions for retailers at the CES show this week, including an NFC solution that enables a consumer to collect a coupon with their NFC device and then redeem it at an interactive Virtual Personal Stylist (VPS) kiosk. VPS, first shown last year, lets shoppers create an avatar based on measurements captured during an in-store scanning process, and then virtually “try on” clothing and beauty products. Yale NFC door locks are also on show on the Verizon stand.
- Wearable payments to reach $501bn by 2020
- OneBit tests Bitcoin payments via NFC
- US shoppers buying into mobile payments
- Square ‘files for public offering’
- Visa signs up 2,300 financial institutions for Visa Token Service