Verizon Wireless and Alcatel-Lucent are demonstrating a range of mobile solutions for retailers at the CES show this week, including an NFC solution that enables a consumer to collect a coupon with their NFC device and then redeem it at an interactive Virtual Personal Stylist (VPS) kiosk. VPS, first shown last year, lets shoppers create an avatar based on measurements captured during an in-store scanning process, and then virtually “try on” clothing and beauty products. Yale NFC door locks are also on show on the Verizon stand.
- Corporate drivers to get mobile payments at the pump
- Boon launches in the UK and adds Apple Pay support
- NFC Forum moves closer to interoperable NFC ticketing
- Mobile-only bank goes live in the UK
- Proxama integrates Discover’s D-PAS into EMV enablement solution