Verizon Wireless and Alcatel-Lucent are demonstrating a range of mobile solutions for retailers at the CES show this week, including an NFC solution that enables a consumer to collect a coupon with their NFC device and then redeem it at an interactive Virtual Personal Stylist (VPS) kiosk. VPS, first shown last year, lets shoppers create an avatar based on measurements captured during an in-store scanning process, and then virtually "try on" clothing and beauty products. Yale NFC door locks are also on show on the Verizon stand.
- Narvesen expands NFC loyalty across Latvia
- Survey reveals demand for contactless and NFC payments in Dubai
- NFC phone for care workers goes worldwide
- NFC stickers impress retailers at Sydney show
- UL gets EMVCo accreditation for mobile payments testing