Verizon Wireless and Alcatel-Lucent are demonstrating a range of mobile solutions for retailers at the CES show this week, including an NFC solution that enables a consumer to collect a coupon with their NFC device and then redeem it at an interactive Virtual Personal Stylist (VPS) kiosk. VPS, first shown last year, lets shoppers create an avatar based on measurements captured during an in-store scanning process, and then virtually “try on” clothing and beauty products. Yale NFC door locks are also on show on the Verizon stand.
- ING opens up HCE to all Netherlands customers
- JCPenney piloting store cards on Apple Pay
- Developers unveil electronic tattoos for payments and healthcare
- Fashion mag drives 500,000 store visits with beacon campaign
- Wirecard launches HCE payments in four European countries