Inside Secure and embedded semiconductor maker Freescale have developed a reference design for an NFC-enabled prepaid utility meter that users can top up with their NFC phone. The meters would allow householders who prepay for their electricity and other utilities to cut out the need to insert coins or make a special trip to top up a prepaid account card or key.
- Tim Hortons launches NFC payments service using Host Card Emulation
- NFC in Toys and Games webinar: See it now on NFC World
- ICS picks Aconite for NFC
- Zwipe raises US$3.5m for NFC and fingerprint ID card
- Qualcomm announces 4G Snapdragon chipsets with NFC