Inside Secure and embedded semiconductor maker Freescale have developed a reference design for an NFC-enabled prepaid utility meter that users can top up with their NFC phone. The meters would allow householders who prepay for their electricity and other utilities to cut out the need to insert coins or make a special trip to top up a prepaid account card or key.
- Obama signs chip and pin law
- Android 5.0 SDK now available
- Dubai ambulances adopt NFC
- Welsh museum tests iBeacons
- Visa details Apple Pay setup process