Over half the spending put through Visa in Europe in 2020 will be via a mobile device, predicts the payments company. The forecast is based on new figures which show spend on Visa cards in Europe grew 14% in 2011, totaling €1.16 trillion, meaning that €1 in every €7 of consumer spending in Europe is on a Visa card. Almost 80% of that is on debit cards.
- Apple Pay targets US retail and transport expansion
- Pakistan bank offers mobile ATM cash withdrawals
- Samsung Pay set for 2017 UK launch
- Canadian bank replaces NFC SIM-based service with HCE
- Android Pay launches in Ireland