Canadian start up ZapTap is using NFC tags instore to give product information to shoppers. By tapping tags on a shelf using a smartphone, consumers will be able to see further information, reviews and offers for the products on display. The service can also offer live customer service and feedback and a merchant ‘dashboard’ gives retailers real-time data on usage of the service.
- JPMorgan Chase CEO outlines mobile wallet strategy
- Capital One founder hails Apple Pay “breakthrough”
- MasterCard backs Zwipe fingerprint payment card
- Obama signs chip and pin law
- Android 5.0 SDK now available