Swiss mobile network operator Sunrise is to begin an NFC payments pilot in March 2012, in collaboration with Oberthur Technologies. The SIM-based NFC trial will allow participants to charge payments made with an NFC phone to their credit card account.
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance
- Total Produce pushes fruit and veg with NFC in supermarkets
- GSMA reports on NFC adoption at MWC, SIM trends and HCE
- Thales shows off airline seat with NFC
- Rogers expands Suretap NFC wallet with support for prepaid and gift cards