Swiss mobile network operator Sunrise is to begin an NFC payments pilot in March 2012, in collaboration with Oberthur Technologies. The SIM-based NFC trial will allow participants to charge payments made with an NFC phone to their credit card account.
- Zuckerberg: Facebook is working on payments but it will take time to get it right
- Starbucks now processes six million mobile payments a week
- Hillshire sells more sausages with BLE beacons
- Amazon to enter mPOS market?
- Motherboard leak fuels iPhone NFC rumours