The Thales OR 500 is a new reader designed for the transportation ticketing market that works with both traditional contactless transit cards and EMV bank cards. “The 500 series can be integrated in greenfield projects or as an upgrade in any regional or nationwide fare collection systems,” says the company. The first validator equipped with the OR 500 will be available by the end of 2012.
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx