Gemalto has signed a deal with Sony that will see it adding support for Sony’s FeliCa contactless card technology to its new Upteq NFC SIM technology. FeliCa chips are embedded in 346 million cards and 170 million mobile phones, including Japan’s Osaifu-Keitai mobile wallet service which is switching to NFC, “Through this agreement, we aim to collaborate closely with Gemalto to develop globally compliant solutions for the growing NFC market,” says Sony’s Izumi Kawanishi.
- Barclaycard launches second generation bPay wearable payment devices
- Apple publishes UK contactless FAQ
- PayPal set to float on 17 July
- Fans get contactless entry to football matches in Cyprus
- PayRange raises $12m for vending machine payments via Bluetooth