Bulgarian mobile network operator M-Tel is to begin a six month NFC payments pilot in May 2012, in conjunction with First Investment Bank, and hopes to begin commercial services this year. M-Tel is also investigating the potential for NFC public transportation ticketing.
- SimplyTapp launches open source tokenization project
- Bookatable tests iBeacon at 119 restaurants
- Chicago to get NFC mobile ticketing in 2016
- Discover CEO outlines plan to join Apple Pay
- Researchers show off ‘skin buttons’ for smartwatches