Orange plans to provide three million SIM-based NFC devices to customers based in the European Union in 2012, according to Stéphane Richard, chairman and CEO of France Telecom-Orange. That number will increase to 10m devices in 2013, Richard told the European Commission’s Neelie Kroes during a meeting in Brussels this week. Orange recently revealed it now has 500,000 customers in the UK and France equipped with an NFC phone.
- Optus expands NFC payments to prepaid customers
- ICICI Bank launches mVisa mobile payments
- Barclays to support Apple Pay from early 2016?
- Starbucks, KFC and Chili’s to support Apple Pay
- Tangerine tests facial recognition