Orange plans to provide three million SIM-based NFC devices to customers based in the European Union in 2012, according to Stéphane Richard, chairman and CEO of France Telecom-Orange. That number will increase to 10m devices in 2013, Richard told the European Commission's Neelie Kroes during a meeting in Brussels this week. Orange recently revealed it now has 500,000 customers in the UK and France equipped with an NFC phone.
- Russian supermarket tests NFC for personalised shopping and loyalty
- La Caixa partners with Telefónica, Vodafone, Orange and Visa for Europe’s largest NFC payments service
- Vodafone launches SmartPass NFC payments in Germany
- Wells Fargo to pilot Isis NFC payments
- Westpac to launch embedded NFC payments in New Year