Orange plans to provide three million SIM-based NFC devices to customers based in the European Union in 2012, according to Stéphane Richard, chairman and CEO of France Telecom-Orange. That number will increase to 10m devices in 2013, Richard told the European Commission’s Neelie Kroes during a meeting in Brussels this week. Orange recently revealed it now has 500,000 customers in the UK and France equipped with an NFC phone.
- Indian employees make NFC payments using everyday objects
- Two in three young Brits have made a mobile payment in-store
- Japanese bank eyes facial recognition
- IHG to accept Alipay in hotels worldwide
- NFC Ring circles the globe