Google is topping up Google Wallet prepaid card accounts with an extra US$5 credit, The Verge reports. The perk is designed to compensate users for loss of service while the company searched for a solution to a hack that allowed unauthorised use of an existing prepaid card balance if someone recovered a lost Android phone without a screen lock.
- SimplyTapp compares Apple Pay and Android HCE
- Macy’s unveils mobile payments and customer marketing plans
- Subway to accept mobile payments in 26,000 US locations
- Apple Pay to get 0.15% transaction fee
- No Apple Pay for Walmart, Best Buy