Google is topping up Google Wallet prepaid card accounts with an extra US$5 credit, The Verge reports. The perk is designed to compensate users for loss of service while the company searched for a solution to a hack that allowed unauthorised use of an existing prepaid card balance if someone recovered a lost Android phone without a screen lock.
- NYT reports on LoopPay breach
- Starbucks Canada to add Mobile Order & Pay
- Scotiabank expands availability of NFC mobile wallet service
- Microsoft adds Windows Hello to new devices
- Verizon agrees to support Samsung Pay