Pennsylvania’s Shippensburg University is testing payments via contactless stickers in two of its cafeterias. Students order food from an NFC-enabled kiosk, then receive confirmation via a text message before they pick up their order. Some 400 students have signed up for the system since its launch in January, reports Mobile Commerce Daily, with the average transaction value running at US$5.15.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes