Pennsylvania’s Shippensburg University is testing payments via contactless stickers in two of its cafeterias. Students order food from an NFC-enabled kiosk, then receive confirmation via a text message before they pick up their order. Some 400 students have signed up for the system since its launch in January, reports Mobile Commerce Daily, with the average transaction value running at US$5.15.
- Visa Europe expands on customised tokenization plans, will go live mid-April
- US identity fraud drops, but breaches scare consumers
- Optus shows off wearable payments
- New Pebble could offer NFC strap
- Qkr! payments at Wagamama