Pennsylvania’s Shippensburg University is testing payments via contactless stickers in two of its cafeterias. Students order food from an NFC-enabled kiosk, then receive confirmation via a text message before they pick up their order. Some 400 students have signed up for the system since its launch in January, reports Mobile Commerce Daily, with the average transaction value running at US$5.15.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain