Pennsylvania’s Shippensburg University is testing payments via contactless stickers in two of its cafeterias. Students order food from an NFC-enabled kiosk, then receive confirmation via a text message before they pick up their order. Some 400 students have signed up for the system since its launch in January, reports Mobile Commerce Daily, with the average transaction value running at US$5.15.
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance
- Total Produce pushes fruit and veg with NFC in supermarkets
- GSMA reports on NFC adoption at MWC, SIM trends and HCE
- Thales shows off airline seat with NFC
- Rogers expands Suretap NFC wallet with support for prepaid and gift cards