Pennsylvania’s Shippensburg University is testing payments via contactless stickers in two of its cafeterias. Students order food from an NFC-enabled kiosk, then receive confirmation via a text message before they pick up their order. Some 400 students have signed up for the system since its launch in January, reports Mobile Commerce Daily, with the average transaction value running at US$5.15.
- Luxury handbag maker uses NFC tags to counter fraud
- Wells Fargo joins ClearXChange
- Kroger sues Visa over EMV authentication
- UnionPay launches HCE mobile QuickPass in South Korea
- Android Pay launches in Singapore