Pennsylvania’s Shippensburg University is testing payments via contactless stickers in two of its cafeterias. Students order food from an NFC-enabled kiosk, then receive confirmation via a text message before they pick up their order. Some 400 students have signed up for the system since its launch in January, reports Mobile Commerce Daily, with the average transaction value running at US$5.15.
- Oxigen Wallet loyalty program partnership
- Half of Brits expect to replace cash with new technologies
- Wienerschnitzel launches mobile payment and loyalty app
- CaixaBank launches HCE mobile payments app
- PayAnywhere reader supports Apple Pay