Pennsylvania’s Shippensburg University is testing payments via contactless stickers in two of its cafeterias. Students order food from an NFC-enabled kiosk, then receive confirmation via a text message before they pick up their order. Some 400 students have signed up for the system since its launch in January, reports Mobile Commerce Daily, with the average transaction value running at US$5.15.
- Descartes offers ear verification for mobile devices
- Taiwanese banks to use Wave NFC dongle
- Android devices get multifactor biometrics
- Ringly raises US$5.1m for light-up rings
- Cancer Research brings contactless donations to shop windows