Pennsylvania’s Shippensburg University is testing payments via contactless stickers in two of its cafeterias. Students order food from an NFC-enabled kiosk, then receive confirmation via a text message before they pick up their order. Some 400 students have signed up for the system since its launch in January, reports Mobile Commerce Daily, with the average transaction value running at US$5.15.
- Apple Pay glitch charges customers twice
- Apple builds NFC tech into iPad Air 2
- Bell ID offers tokenization management software
- YesTap tests NFC shopping wall in Amsterdam
- Core Jewels offers diamond rings with NFC