A public information service accessed via NFC tags and QR codes is now available in Strasbourg, France. Strasplus "four leaf clover" stickers in civic buildings, in car parks and at transit stops provide smartphone users with links to real time and location-based transportation and "what's on" information across the city.
- NFC lamp post information service to launch in Tokyo
- MC and Visa certify Dragonfly SIM
- Samsung promotes NFC with Robbie Williams taxi cab competition
- Yebhi.com launches NFC and QR virtual stores in Indian coffee shops
- Milan airport installs 50,000 NFC tags