As Azerbaijan moves towards non-cash payment from its current predominantly cash-based economy, some 86% of residents of capital city Baku say they would like to carry out contactless payments with their phones. Abc.az reports that research conducted by MasterCard, which is introducing its PayPass system in the country, also found that 31% would like to see contactless payment built into watches while 26% would like pay-by-touch bracelets.
- Cab:app taxis to accept NFC mobile payments
- Rémy Martin to launch NFC bottle in China for authentication and rewards
- Las Vegas gets park and reward meters
- Mobile tickets launch for Houston buses
- PayPal buys money transfer provider Xoom