As Azerbaijan moves towards non-cash payment from its current predominantly cash-based economy, some 86% of residents of capital city Baku say they would like to carry out contactless payments with their phones. Abc.az reports that research conducted by MasterCard, which is introducing its PayPass system in the country, also found that 31% would like to see contactless payment built into watches while 26% would like pay-by-touch bracelets.
- SumUp raises €10m in funding
- Google invites for Project Soli tests
- Cyber Group and Sensoro roll out beacons across Greater China
- $14.9bn biometrics market by 2024
- Samsung Pay opens US beta test