South African banks and retailers are likely to be slow to adopt NFC, due to the high cost of enabling infrastructure, Tim Walter, Nashua Mobile‘s executive head of marketing, has told ITWeb. “SA’s big four banks, however, remain optimistic regarding the future of mobile NFC in SA, despite incumbent challenges,” the publication reports.
- Cartamundi to develop flexible NFC tags
- 30% of US shoppers to use mobile payments this holiday season
- Drop offers beacon-based payments
- Square eyes global expansion
- Saatchi & Saatchi designs beacon loyalty rewards for Japan’s TenTen Technologies