South African banks and retailers are likely to be slow to adopt NFC, due to the high cost of enabling infrastructure, Tim Walter, Nashua Mobile‘s executive head of marketing, has told ITWeb. “SA’s big four banks, however, remain optimistic regarding the future of mobile NFC in SA, despite incumbent challenges,” the publication reports.
- Stripe gets access to Visa Token Service through strategic partnership
- Tech firms do “better job” than banks, say 24% of young Brits
- Smart Ticketing Alliance and GlobalPlatform sign MOU
- 42% of US iPhone 6 owners use Apple Pay in May and June
- Jobseekers offered head start on new vacancies with a tap of NFC phone