New Zealand carrier 2degrees is to announce an NFC transportation ticketing pilot in the city of Wellington this week, the Dominion Post reports. Commuters will be able to use their NFC phones to pay for bus fares, as an alternative to the existing Snapper contactless cards, says the report. It will be the second NFC ticketing pilot announced for New Zealand this week, following the news that Telecom New Zealand, Westpac and Paymark are to test NFC in Auckland.
- Mastercard planning to become a PSP in China
- PBOC working to regulate QR code mobile payments in China
- Scotiabank gives Apple Pay users 10% cashback
- PayPal to roll out NFC mobile payments across the US through Visa deal
- White paper advises banks on launching Android-based mobile payment services