New Zealand carrier 2degrees is to announce an NFC transportation ticketing pilot in the city of Wellington this week, the Dominion Post reports. Commuters will be able to use their NFC phones to pay for bus fares, as an alternative to the existing Snapper contactless cards, says the report. It will be the second NFC ticketing pilot announced for New Zealand this week, following the news that Telecom New Zealand, Westpac and Paymark are to test NFC in Auckland.
- Magyar Telekom launches NFC in Hungary
- Danish carriers abandon mobile payments ambitions
- Android Pay to use fingerprint security
- Swirl reports positive consumer feedback on in-store beacon offers
- High value contactless payments arrive in the UK