New Zealand carrier 2degrees is to announce an NFC transportation ticketing pilot in the city of Wellington this week, the Dominion Post reports. Commuters will be able to use their NFC phones to pay for bus fares, as an alternative to the existing Snapper contactless cards, says the report. It will be the second NFC ticketing pilot announced for New Zealand this week, following the news that Telecom New Zealand, Westpac and Paymark are to test NFC in Auckland.
- HBC deploys iBeacons in Hudson’s Bay and Lord & Taylor department stores across the US and Canada
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand
- Vodafone Italia pilots smart shopping posters
- Pepsi tests NFC for shopper marketing
- Interest in mobile payments grows