New Zealand carrier 2degrees is to announce an NFC transportation ticketing pilot in the city of Wellington this week, the Dominion Post reports. Commuters will be able to use their NFC phones to pay for bus fares, as an alternative to the existing Snapper contactless cards, says the report. It will be the second NFC ticketing pilot announced for New Zealand this week, following the news that Telecom New Zealand, Westpac and Paymark are to test NFC in Auckland.
- Cartamundi to develop flexible NFC tags
- 30% of US shoppers to use mobile payments this holiday season
- Drop offers beacon-based payments
- Square eyes global expansion
- Saatchi & Saatchi designs beacon loyalty rewards for Japan’s TenTen Technologies