New Zealand carrier 2degrees is to announce an NFC transportation ticketing pilot in the city of Wellington this week, the Dominion Post reports. Commuters will be able to use their NFC phones to pay for bus fares, as an alternative to the existing Snapper contactless cards, says the report. It will be the second NFC ticketing pilot announced for New Zealand this week, following the news that Telecom New Zealand, Westpac and Paymark are to test NFC in Auckland.
- Second generation NFC Ring seeks funding
- BNP Paribas pilots cards with dynamic security codes
- Samsung Pay gets seven city US promo tour
- Starbucks takes mobile ordering to the UK
- Clear2Pay adds certified testing solutions for US move to EMV