The European Commission has prolonged the deadline for a decision on whether to give the go ahead to the UK carrier-led ‘Project Oscar’ NFC joint venture, Bloomberg reports. The decision will now not be made until 19 September, 17 days later than originally planned. “The EU’s merger control authority didn’t give a reason for the extension,” says Bloomberg. Objectors to the venture included Google and PayPal, according to the Financial Times.
- HCE webinar: one week to go
- Samsung’s NFC smart suit to hit IFA 2015 catwalk
- White paper addresses seven key NFC security questions
- TSB offers contactless cashback incentive
- Engineers trial wireless communication via human body