The European Commission has prolonged the deadline for a decision on whether to give the go ahead to the UK carrier-led 'Project Oscar' NFC joint venture, Bloomberg reports. The decision will now not be made until 19 September, 17 days later than originally planned. "The EU's merger control authority didn't give a reason for the extension," says Bloomberg. Objectors to the venture included Google and PayPal, according to the Financial Times.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR