The European Commission has prolonged the deadline for a decision on whether to give the go ahead to the UK carrier-led ‘Project Oscar’ NFC joint venture, Bloomberg reports. The decision will now not be made until 19 September, 17 days later than originally planned. “The EU’s merger control authority didn’t give a reason for the extension,” says Bloomberg. Objectors to the venture included Google and PayPal, according to the Financial Times.
- ING Direct allows donations with Android Pay
- Apple says NFC access “not open to negotiation with any bank”
- Xiaomi to launch Mi Pay on 1 September
- Malibu equips 40,000 bottles with NFC tags for UK pilot
- ANZ adds Mastercard support to Apple Pay