HTC is to release an NFC version of its new Desire C mid-range phone. The handset, positioned as an ideal first smartphone, runs Android 4 and features Beats audio. “An NFC variant of this model [allows] users to make payments or access information and offers,” says the company. The Desire C is expected to be available from June and will retail at around £170, according to Engadget.
- Four in ten UK consumers willing to switch banks for mobile payments
- NXP ‘focused on mobile wallet’
- Android to get fingerprint authentication
- Nearly half of iPhone 6 owners successfully using Apple Pay
- Clear2Pay gets Visa confirmation as CVES provider