HTC is to release an NFC version of its new Desire C mid-range phone. The handset, positioned as an ideal first smartphone, runs Android 4 and features Beats audio. "An NFC variant of this model [allows] users to make payments or access information and offers," says the company. The Desire C is expected to be available from June and will retail at around £170, according to Engadget.
- EMVCo publishes tokenization framework specification
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app