Drivers in Oakland, California can now pay for their parking by tapping their NFC phone on any of the city’s on-street parking meters. After setting up an account with operator Parkmobile, drivers can immediately start using the system with their registered mobile phone. Neighbouring San Francisco offers a similar system operated by PayByPhone.
- Descartes offers ear verification for mobile devices
- Taiwanese banks to use Wave NFC dongle
- Android devices get multifactor biometrics
- Ringly raises US$5.1m for light-up rings
- Cancer Research brings contactless donations to shop windows