Drivers in Oakland, California can now pay for their parking by tapping their NFC phone on any of the city’s on-street parking meters. After setting up an account with operator Parkmobile, drivers can immediately start using the system with their registered mobile phone. Neighbouring San Francisco offers a similar system operated by PayByPhone.
- Fingerprint sensor market to grow at 17% CAGR
- McDonald’s to pilot mobile order and pay in China
- Lloyds Bank authenticates customers with contactless ‘tap to bank’ service
- Europeans make more than 1bn Visa contactless transactions in 12 months
- Apple Pay UK launch set for July 14?