Drivers in Oakland, California can now pay for their parking by tapping their NFC phone on any of the city’s on-street parking meters. After setting up an account with operator Parkmobile, drivers can immediately start using the system with their registered mobile phone. Neighbouring San Francisco offers a similar system operated by PayByPhone.
- New Pebble could offer NFC strap
- Qkr! payments at Wagamama
- Madrid tests NFC ticketing on public transport
- Pizza Hut could let customers order and pay for pizza from their cars
- SpotMe app lets Android users spend Apple Pay cash