Drivers in Oakland, California can now pay for their parking by tapping their NFC phone on any of the city’s on-street parking meters. After setting up an account with operator Parkmobile, drivers can immediately start using the system with their registered mobile phone. Neighbouring San Francisco offers a similar system operated by PayByPhone.
- Apple Store purchases gets two-step authentication
- Mobile payment market worth $2.8bn by 2020
- India’s ICICI Bank launches voice recognition service
- PayPal adds Touch ID to iOS app
- NTT Docomo rolls out Fido biometrics platform in Japan