Drivers in Oakland, California can now pay for their parking by tapping their NFC phone on any of the city’s on-street parking meters. After setting up an account with operator Parkmobile, drivers can immediately start using the system with their registered mobile phone. Neighbouring San Francisco offers a similar system operated by PayByPhone.
- Under half of US small businesses aware of EMV
- Second generation NFC Ring seeks funding
- BNP Paribas pilots cards with dynamic security codes
- Samsung Pay gets seven city US promo tour
- Starbucks takes mobile ordering to the UK