Drivers in Oakland, California can now pay for their parking by tapping their NFC phone on any of the city’s on-street parking meters. After setting up an account with operator Parkmobile, drivers can immediately start using the system with their registered mobile phone. Neighbouring San Francisco offers a similar system operated by PayByPhone.
- Samsung Pay offers $100 discount to new users
- Apple Pay signs deal with China UnionPay?
- Google boosts Android Pay adoption with $1m charity fund
- BNP Paribas tests NFC screen shopping
- Three launches NFC mobile payments in Austria