Drivers in Oakland, California can now pay for their parking by tapping their NFC phone on any of the city’s on-street parking meters. After setting up an account with operator Parkmobile, drivers can immediately start using the system with their registered mobile phone. Neighbouring San Francisco offers a similar system operated by PayByPhone.
- Facebook tests Messenger payments
- Jiffy signs up more than 350,000 users
- Walmart Pay adds another 14 states
- Canadian credit unions go live with Mobile Pay
- NAB uses HCE for instant card replacement