More than 11,500 branches of the Post Office in the UK are to be converted to accept contactless payments by October this year, marking the largest rollout of contactless POS terminals in Europe to date. “Contactless will bring huge benefits to our customers by increasing choice and reducing transaction times,” says Lesley Sewell, the Post Office’s CIO.
- PayPal takes another look at NFC
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance
- Total Produce pushes fruit and veg with NFC in supermarkets
- GSMA reports on NFC adoption at MWC, SIM trends and HCE
- Thales shows off airline seat with NFC