More than 11,500 branches of the Post Office in the UK are to be converted to accept contactless payments by October this year, marking the largest rollout of contactless POS terminals in Europe to date. “Contactless will bring huge benefits to our customers by increasing choice and reducing transaction times,” says Lesley Sewell, the Post Office’s CIO.
- Apple Watch carries NFC components from NXP and AMS
- Tattoos confound Apple Watch wrist detection, making Apple Pay “unusable”
- 84% of banks and retailers plan to invest in mobile payment technology
- 92% of UK mobile users to make a mobile payment in 2015
- Chip and PIN faces slow take-up in US, says Forrester