More than 11,500 branches of the Post Office in the UK are to be converted to accept contactless payments by October this year, marking the largest rollout of contactless POS terminals in Europe to date. “Contactless will bring huge benefits to our customers by increasing choice and reducing transaction times,” says Lesley Sewell, the Post Office’s CIO.
- iOS 8.1 brings Apple Pay NFC payments to iPhone
- Over 20m NFC devices now in use in Japan
- Bionym begins shipping wristband
- Amex commits $10m to EMV upgrades
- Twitter preps for Buy button launch