More than 11,500 branches of the Post Office in the UK are to be converted to accept contactless payments by October this year, marking the largest rollout of contactless POS terminals in Europe to date. “Contactless will bring huge benefits to our customers by increasing choice and reducing transaction times,” says Lesley Sewell, the Post Office’s CIO.
- Samsung to ease online payments with new app
- Apple Pay to expand rapidly in Asia and Europe
- A quarter of Brits will make NFC mobile payments in the next year
- MasterCard collaborates on speeding up EMV checkout
- Samsung Pay to launch in Spain next week