Two 7-Eleven convenience stores in the New York area are testing standalone NFC kiosks to encourage shoppers to check in and collect offers and discount coupons when they visit. The kiosks, from Solekai Systems and mobile solutions start-up Raging Mobile, are designed to help drive in-store item sales while luring foot traffic to brick-and-mortar shop fronts, reports Twice.
- SimplyTapp launches open source tokenization project
- Bookatable tests iBeacon at 119 restaurants
- Chicago to get NFC mobile ticketing in 2016
- Discover CEO outlines plan to join Apple Pay
- Researchers show off ‘skin buttons’ for smartwatches