Two 7-Eleven convenience stores in the New York area are testing standalone NFC kiosks to encourage shoppers to check in and collect offers and discount coupons when they visit. The kiosks, from Solekai Systems and mobile solutions start-up Raging Mobile, are designed to help drive in-store item sales while luring foot traffic to brick-and-mortar shop fronts, reports Twice.
- New Pebble could offer NFC strap
- Qkr! payments at Wagamama
- Madrid tests NFC ticketing on public transport
- Pizza Hut could let customers order and pay for pizza from their cars
- SpotMe app lets Android users spend Apple Pay cash