Two 7-Eleven convenience stores in the New York area are testing standalone NFC kiosks to encourage shoppers to check in and collect offers and discount coupons when they visit. The kiosks, from Solekai Systems and mobile solutions start-up Raging Mobile, are designed to help drive in-store item sales while luring foot traffic to brick-and-mortar shop fronts, reports Twice.
- Harris+Hoole reports 200,000 mobile payments
- Dunkin’ Mobile gets 10m downloads
- CUP to launch Android Pay in China
- Norwich buses get Bluetooth beacons that deliver offers to passengers on the move
- Ugo launches open NFC payments and rewards wallet in Canada