Two 7-Eleven convenience stores in the New York area are testing standalone NFC kiosks to encourage shoppers to check in and collect offers and discount coupons when they visit. The kiosks, from Solekai Systems and mobile solutions start-up Raging Mobile, are designed to help drive in-store item sales while luring foot traffic to brick-and-mortar shop fronts, reports Twice.
- Mastercard planning to become a PSP in China
- PBOC working to regulate QR code mobile payments in China
- Scotiabank gives Apple Pay users 10% cashback
- PayPal to roll out NFC mobile payments across the US through Visa deal
- White paper advises banks on launching Android-based mobile payment services