Two 7-Eleven convenience stores in the New York area are testing standalone NFC kiosks to encourage shoppers to check in and collect offers and discount coupons when they visit. The kiosks, from Solekai Systems and mobile solutions start-up Raging Mobile, are designed to help drive in-store item sales while luring foot traffic to brick-and-mortar shop fronts, reports Twice.
- AMS chips will allow cars to be unlocked and started with NFC phones
- Carrefour uses LED lighting to send offers to shoppers in stores
- Apple Store purchases get two-step authentication
- Mobile payment market worth $2.8tn by 2020
- India’s ICICI Bank launches voice recognition service