Identive Group is to cut its global workforce by 11% as part of a cost reduction plan designed to save US$4m to $5m this year. The move “will not impact our ongoing investments in new NFC and cloud-based identity solutions or our ability to address opportunities in these emerging, potential hyper-growth markets,” says chairman and CEO Ayman S Ashour.
- Melbourne Cricket Club equips roving snack vendors with Bluetooth beacons
- Downtown uses Bluetooth beacons to deliver orders to customers’ tables
- JD Sports adds BLE beacons
- BBVA reports 250,000 mobile wallet users
- Vodafone to launch NFC payments in the UK this month