Identive Group is to cut its global workforce by 11% as part of a cost reduction plan designed to save US$4m to $5m this year. The move “will not impact our ongoing investments in new NFC and cloud-based identity solutions or our ability to address opportunities in these emerging, potential hyper-growth markets,” says chairman and CEO Ayman S Ashour.
- Malibu equips 40,000 bottles with NFC tags for UK pilot
- ANZ adds Mastercard support to Apple Pay
- Apple to offer iPhone with FeliCa NFC payments in Japan
- Google Wallet gets automatic transfers
- Coles backs Australian banks versus Apple