Mobile operator TeliaSonera has invested in Stockholm-based mobile payments specialist Accumulate, which supplied the technology underpinning the Swedish networks’ WyWallet service announced last week. “Our partnership with Accumulate is a result of increased interest in making transactions with the mobile phone,” says TeliaSonera’s Kennet Rådne. Terms of the deal have not been disclosed.
- 25% of world’s population to use mobile banking in four years
- Brits want black cab contactless payments
- GlobalPlatform discovery specification eases NFC roaming
- Nokia sells Here to Audi, BMW and Daimler
- Vodafone customers top up with PowaTag