Mobile operator TeliaSonera has invested in Stockholm-based mobile payments specialist Accumulate, which supplied the technology underpinning the Swedish networks’ WyWallet service announced last week. “Our partnership with Accumulate is a result of increased interest in making transactions with the mobile phone,” says TeliaSonera’s Kennet Rådne. Terms of the deal have not been disclosed.
- Apple Watch carries NFC components from NXP and AMS
- Tattoos confound Apple Watch wrist detection, making Apple Pay “unusable”
- 84% of banks and retailers plan to invest in mobile payment technology
- 92% of UK mobile users to make a mobile payment in 2015
- Chip and PIN faces slow take-up in US, says Forrester