Mobile operator TeliaSonera has invested in Stockholm-based mobile payments specialist Accumulate, which supplied the technology underpinning the Swedish networks’ WyWallet service announced last week. “Our partnership with Accumulate is a result of increased interest in making transactions with the mobile phone,” says TeliaSonera’s Kennet Rådne. Terms of the deal have not been disclosed.
- High value contactless payments arrive in the UK
- Latvian merchants and ski resorts adopt NFC loyalty platform
- Semble picks Gemalto for NFC in NZ
- White paper explains NFC-enabled sensors and their uses
- Contactless makes Word of the Year shortlist