Mobile network Orange has joined the NFC Patent Licensing Program, a patent pool run by France Brevets and launched in June with Inside Secure. "Our licensees will benefit, in addition to key patents brought by Inside Secure, to many NFC patents brought by Orange," says Jean-Charles Hourcade, general manager of France Brevets. "We encourage other relevant patent holders to join our program to simplify the industrial deployment of NFC products and services."
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR