Mobile network Orange has joined the NFC Patent Licensing Program, a patent pool run by France Brevets and launched in June with Inside Secure. “Our licensees will benefit, in addition to key patents brought by Inside Secure, to many NFC patents brought by Orange,” says Jean-Charles Hourcade, general manager of France Brevets. “We encourage other relevant patent holders to join our program to simplify the industrial deployment of NFC products and services.”
- Turkish Airlines offers travel benefits via BLE
- Xbox to get mobile purchasing
- London Underground to accept NFC payments
- USI to supply iWatch chips?
- Apple and Swatch team on iWatch?