Chip maker Infineon Technologies is now offering an application developer kit for Type 2 NFC tags in the US. The US$99 kit includes SLE66R01 series NFC tags in two form factors and an SLE66R32 contactless card, as well as programming information and application notes. The tags come with up to 2kbytes of usable memory.
- Dartmouth researchers develop continuous authentication service based on smart wristbands
- InMarket reports on attitudes to beacon messages
- John Lewis invests in BLE
- Korea’s SK Planet buys US BLE offers platform Shopkick
- Miami Airport provides airlines and retailers with open access to Bluetooth beacons