Cisco is now shipping the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router AC 1750, a WiFi router that allows users to connect to a home network by tapping their NFC phone to a SimpleTap card which ships with the device. The NFC functionality is delivered via the company’s recently introduced Cisco Connect Cloud software platform.
- Verizon aims to replace usernames and passwords with QR codes
- Mapco adds mobile payments at the pump
- CaixaBank invests in contactless ATMs
- Evidence builds for NFC in iPhone 6
- Smart Card Alliance offers HCE paper