Cisco is now shipping the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router AC 1750, a WiFi router that allows users to connect to a home network by tapping their NFC phone to a SimpleTap card which ships with the device. The NFC functionality is delivered via the company’s recently introduced Cisco Connect Cloud software platform.
- US merchant groups call for creation of open tokenization standards
- Facebook closes gifts business
- Amazon Wallet teams up with Blackhawk
- Square unveils EMV card reader
- Nestle runs NFC marketing campaign in 480 Woolworth stores across Australia