Cisco is now shipping the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router AC 1750, a WiFi router that allows users to connect to a home network by tapping their NFC phone to a SimpleTap card which ships with the device. The NFC functionality is delivered via the company's recently introduced Cisco Connect Cloud software platform.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR