Canada’s first commercial NFC payments service is set to launch on 15 October, according to documents seen by Mobile Syrup. Rogers and CIBC bank’s new “Suretap” service will launch with support for BlackBerry Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 NFC phones, the Canadian mobile news site reports.
- 2.2bn NFC-enabled handset shipments by 2020, IHS Technology predicts
- Beacons guide Hong Kong airport passengers
- Maple Leafs install beacons for draft party
- Sharp includes fingerprint sensor in flagship smartphone
- US$2.7tn mobile wallet market by 2020