Isis is to launch its NFC-based payments system in two test markets on Monday, the US carrier-owned venture has confirmed. “Isis will be launching in Austin and Salt Lake City on October 22,” says head of marketing Jaymee Johnson. “By year end, as many as 20 Isis Ready handsets are expected to be in market. We look forward to sharing more details on October 22.”
- Uber runs NFC marketing campaign in London pubs and clubs
- Transcript: eBay CEO John Donahoe discusses the future of PayPal as an independent company
- NFC technology report available for free download
- iPad to get Apple Pay support?
- eBay to spin off PayPal as a separate company in 2015