Isis is to launch its NFC-based payments system in two test markets on Monday, the US carrier-owned venture has confirmed. "Isis will be launching in Austin and Salt Lake City on October 22," says head of marketing Jaymee Johnson. "By year end, as many as 20 Isis Ready handsets are expected to be in market. We look forward to sharing more details on October 22."
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR