Isis is to launch its NFC-based payments system in two test markets on Monday, the US carrier-owned venture has confirmed. “Isis will be launching in Austin and Salt Lake City on October 22,” says head of marketing Jaymee Johnson. “By year end, as many as 20 Isis Ready handsets are expected to be in market. We look forward to sharing more details on October 22.”
- Zuckerberg: Facebook is working on payments but it will take time to get it right
- Starbucks now processes six million mobile payments a week
- Hillshire sells more sausages with BLE beacons
- Amazon to enter mPOS market?
- Motherboard leak fuels iPhone NFC rumours