The total value of NFC mobile payment transactions will increase from US$4bn in 2012 to pass $100bn in 2016 and US$191bn in 2017, according to a new forecast by ABI Research. 26% of NFC handsets will house a contactless ticketing application in five years time, the researchers add.
- Nestle runs NFC marketing campaign in 480 Woolworth stores across Australia
- American Express tests HCE for NFC payments
- Hilton to let guests unlock their doors with smartphones
- HBC deploys iBeacons in Hudson’s Bay and Lord & Taylor department stores across the US and Canada
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand