The total value of NFC mobile payment transactions will increase from US$4bn in 2012 to pass $100bn in 2016 and US$191bn in 2017, according to a new forecast by ABI Research. 26% of NFC handsets will house a contactless ticketing application in five years time, the researchers add.
- Saracens fans get contactless payment wristbands
- Apple Pay now live at more than 240 banks
- Nearly half of payment cards shipped in 2014 were contactless
- Barclaycard’s bPay band set for relaunch
- AMS picks up award for NFC chip