A survey carried out by market researcher YouGov in Germany has revealed that, while 54% of the population has heard of NFC, only one in six (16%) can see themselves using NFC and contactless payments in the future. Most cited security concerns, with 52% worrying about NFC technology being potentially insecure. Germans from 30-39 years old are the most willing to use NFC mobile payments.
- Starbucks to take mobile payments and rewards to India
- TfL rolls out contactless on Thames river buses
- Inside Secure launches MatrixHCE solution
- One in 10 UK card payments were contactless in 2015
- Wearable device gives users electric shock if they overspend