DeviceFidelity’s NFC mobile wallet solution is now available at MetroPCS stores in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Moneto Android kit is based on a prepaid MasterCard account and uses an NFC-enabled microSD card to add PayPass-compatible contactless payment to Android phones “whether or not they are carried by MetroPCS”. Instant rewards and cash back offers have now also been added to the service.
- M-Pesa and MTN Mobile Money join up
- Starbucks processes 8m mobile payments every week
- Twitter invests in beacon marketer Swirl
- Forecast: 100m Apple Pay-capable phones in US by 2020
- Vodafone Netherlands adds credit card to Wallet