DeviceFidelity's NFC mobile wallet solution is now available at MetroPCS stores in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Moneto Android kit is based on a prepaid MasterCard account and uses an NFC-enabled microSD card to add PayPass-compatible contactless payment to Android phones "whether or not they are carried by MetroPCS". Instant rewards and cash back offers have now also been added to the service.
- NFC in Toys and Games webinar: See it now on NFC World
- ICS picks Aconite for NFC
- Zwipe raises US$3.5m for NFC and fingerprint ID card
- Qualcomm announces 4G Snapdragon chipsets with NFC
- Chrome OS to get NFC unlock?