Brazilian carrier Claro has announced a partnership with Bradesco bank to introduce an NFC payments service and a co-branded virtual wallet in 2013. “We think the scenario is really propitious right now, since 46.8 million people do not have bank account and 83% of payments are in cash for under R$20 [US$9.50],” Carlos Zenteno, president of Claro, told journalists attending a briefing in São Paulo, RCR Wireless reports.
- First Internet Bank enables Eyeprint ID
- US bank CEOs fear Apple competition
- Nintendo unveils New Nintendo 3DS with NFC
- Gulf Bank brings contactless POS with NFC
- Gemalto partners with Samsung for the launch of Samsung Pay in Europe