Brazilian carrier Claro has announced a partnership with Bradesco bank to introduce an NFC payments service and a co-branded virtual wallet in 2013. “We think the scenario is really propitious right now, since 46.8 million people do not have bank account and 83% of payments are in cash for under R$20 [US$9.50],” Carlos Zenteno, president of Claro, told journalists attending a briefing in São Paulo, RCR Wireless reports.
- MCX suffers email address data breach
- Samsung to offer money transfers
- MCX responds to criticism
- White paper explores the role of TSMs in cross-border NFC payments
- McDonald’s adopts Softcard