Brazilian carrier Claro has announced a partnership with Bradesco bank to introduce an NFC payments service and a co-branded virtual wallet in 2013. “We think the scenario is really propitious right now, since 46.8 million people do not have bank account and 83% of payments are in cash for under R$20 [US$9.50],” Carlos Zenteno, president of Claro, told journalists attending a briefing in São Paulo, RCR Wireless reports.
- Vodafone Italia adds NFC mobile payments with PayPal
- ACI reports on mobile payments usage by Indian millennials
- OT works on mobile payments rollout in France
- Coinbase adds PayPal and credit card support
- RBI reveals framework for “less-cash” society