Brazilian carrier Claro has announced a partnership with Bradesco bank to introduce an NFC payments service and a co-branded virtual wallet in 2013. "We think the scenario is really propitious right now, since 46.8 million people do not have bank account and 83% of payments are in cash for under R$20 [US$9.50]," Carlos Zenteno, president of Claro, told journalists attending a briefing in São Paulo, RCR Wireless reports.
- ICS picks Aconite for NFC
- Zwipe raises US$3.5m for NFC and fingerprint ID card
- Qualcomm announces 4G Snapdragon chipsets with NFC
- Chrome OS to get NFC unlock?
- French firm sues HTC and LG for NFC patent infringement