Brazilian carrier Claro has announced a partnership with Bradesco bank to introduce an NFC payments service and a co-branded virtual wallet in 2013. “We think the scenario is really propitious right now, since 46.8 million people do not have bank account and 83% of payments are in cash for under R$20 [US$9.50],” Carlos Zenteno, president of Claro, told journalists attending a briefing in São Paulo, RCR Wireless reports.
- Alipay expands across Europe after deals with major banks and payment providers
- Android Pay offers Christmas rewards
- Loyalty and gifts added to Apple Pay
- Amazon Go store will let customers shop and go without checkout queues
- Join us on Thursday for HCE mobile payments webinar