Brazilian carrier Claro has announced a partnership with Bradesco bank to introduce an NFC payments service and a co-branded virtual wallet in 2013. “We think the scenario is really propitious right now, since 46.8 million people do not have bank account and 83% of payments are in cash for under R$20 [US$9.50],” Carlos Zenteno, president of Claro, told journalists attending a briefing in São Paulo, RCR Wireless reports.
- US merchant groups call for creation of open tokenization standards
- Facebook closes gifts business
- Amazon Wallet teams up with Blackhawk
- Square unveils EMV card reader
- Nestle runs NFC marketing campaign in 480 Woolworth stores across Australia