Brazilian carrier Claro has announced a partnership with Bradesco bank to introduce an NFC payments service and a co-branded virtual wallet in 2013. “We think the scenario is really propitious right now, since 46.8 million people do not have bank account and 83% of payments are in cash for under R$20 [US$9.50],” Carlos Zenteno, president of Claro, told journalists attending a briefing in São Paulo, RCR Wireless reports.
- Apple Pay glitch prevents users adding Visa cards
- Mobile savings club scoops innovation award
- Visa offers mobile card controls
- Kiwis warm to mobile payments and biometrics
- Apple Pay reaches mobile app inflection point