Brazilian carrier Claro has announced a partnership with Bradesco bank to introduce an NFC payments service and a co-branded virtual wallet in 2013. “We think the scenario is really propitious right now, since 46.8 million people do not have bank account and 83% of payments are in cash for under R$20 [US$9.50],” Carlos Zenteno, president of Claro, told journalists attending a briefing in São Paulo, RCR Wireless reports.
- Tangerine tests facial recognition
- MasterCard partners with P97 to enable mobile payments and rewards at the pump
- Ingenico integrates Bitcoin mobile payments into POS terminals
- Seqr offers refer-a-friend rewards
- Samsung responds to LoopPay hack