Brazilian carrier Claro has announced a partnership with Bradesco bank to introduce an NFC payments service and a co-branded virtual wallet in 2013. "We think the scenario is really propitious right now, since 46.8 million people do not have bank account and 83% of payments are in cash for under R$20 [US$9.50]," Carlos Zenteno, president of Claro, told journalists attending a briefing in São Paulo, RCR Wireless reports.
- Dubai shopping mall to launch NFC and Bluetooth mobile loyalty program
- C-Sam speeds NFC development with applets and testing services
- Google Wallet adds phones
- Telecom Italia announces new NFC ticketing pilots
- RapidNFC adds NXP NTAG210 to its range