Brazilian carrier Claro has announced a partnership with Bradesco bank to introduce an NFC payments service and a co-branded virtual wallet in 2013. “We think the scenario is really propitious right now, since 46.8 million people do not have bank account and 83% of payments are in cash for under R$20 [US$9.50],” Carlos Zenteno, president of Claro, told journalists attending a briefing in São Paulo, RCR Wireless reports.
- Welsh museum tests iBeacons
- Visa details Apple Pay setup process
- Amex warns of slow mobile wallet adoption
- Apple builds SIM into iPad Air 2
- Five hundred banks sign up for Apple Pay