Brazilian carrier Claro has announced a partnership with Bradesco bank to introduce an NFC payments service and a co-branded virtual wallet in 2013. “We think the scenario is really propitious right now, since 46.8 million people do not have bank account and 83% of payments are in cash for under R$20 [US$9.50],” Carlos Zenteno, president of Claro, told journalists attending a briefing in São Paulo, RCR Wireless reports.
- MasterCard discusses how Samsung Pay works
- Samsung unveils Galaxy S6 with NFC and LoopPay mobile payments
- Apple Pay provisioning fraud hole “has to get plugged now”
- Bank of England ponders own digital currency
- Fibank to launch HCE mobile payments