China Unicom is to to use Gemalto’s UpTeq NFC SIM to secure the Unicom Merchants’ Bank mobile wallet it is rolling out in conjuction with China Merchants Bank (CMB). The NFC wallet enables consumers to make purchases at merchants who accept China UnionPay’s QuickPass contactless payments service. Gemalto’s UpTeq NFC SIM has now been chosen by mobile operators for 25 NFC projects around the world, the supplier says.
- German carriers and retailers promote NFC mobile payments in Berlin
- Jawbone adds NFC payments to fitness trackers with AmEx
- Half of digital tickets will be bought on mobile by 2019
- Jawbone to add NFC payments?
- Kairos mechanical smartwatches get NFC payments