China Unicom is to to use Gemalto’s UpTeq NFC SIM to secure the Unicom Merchants’ Bank mobile wallet it is rolling out in conjuction with China Merchants Bank (CMB). The NFC wallet enables consumers to make purchases at merchants who accept China UnionPay’s QuickPass contactless payments service. Gemalto’s UpTeq NFC SIM has now been chosen by mobile operators for 25 NFC projects around the world, the supplier says.
- Join NFC World for a free workshop on tokenization
- One in four online transactions are now mobile
- Norwegian carriers pick Amdocs for mobile payments
- MassDOT tests mobile tickets
- Spanish airline lets customers tap to add contactless card to app