China Unicom is to to use Gemalto’s UpTeq NFC SIM to secure the Unicom Merchants’ Bank mobile wallet it is rolling out in conjuction with China Merchants Bank (CMB). The NFC wallet enables consumers to make purchases at merchants who accept China UnionPay’s QuickPass contactless payments service. Gemalto’s UpTeq NFC SIM has now been chosen by mobile operators for 25 NFC projects around the world, the supplier says.
- Cartamundi to develop flexible NFC tags
- 30% of US shoppers to use mobile payments this holiday season
- Drop offers beacon-based payments
- Square eyes global expansion
- Saatchi & Saatchi designs beacon loyalty rewards for Japan’s TenTen Technologies