China Unicom is to to use Gemalto’s UpTeq NFC SIM to secure the Unicom Merchants’ Bank mobile wallet it is rolling out in conjuction with China Merchants Bank (CMB). The NFC wallet enables consumers to make purchases at merchants who accept China UnionPay’s QuickPass contactless payments service. Gemalto’s UpTeq NFC SIM has now been chosen by mobile operators for 25 NFC projects around the world, the supplier says.
- Optus expands NFC payments to prepaid customers
- ICICI Bank launches mVisa mobile payments
- Barclays to support Apple Pay from early 2016?
- Starbucks, KFC and Chili’s to support Apple Pay
- Tangerine tests facial recognition