China Unicom is to to use Gemalto's UpTeq NFC SIM to secure the Unicom Merchants' Bank mobile wallet it is rolling out in conjuction with China Merchants Bank (CMB). The NFC wallet enables consumers to make purchases at merchants who accept China UnionPay's QuickPass contactless payments service. Gemalto's UpTeq NFC SIM has now been chosen by mobile operators for 25 NFC projects around the world, the supplier says.
- NFC lamp post information service to launch in Tokyo
- MC and Visa certify Dragonfly SIM
- Samsung promotes NFC with Robbie Williams taxi cab competition
- Yebhi.com launches NFC and QR virtual stores in Indian coffee shops
- Milan airport installs 50,000 NFC tags