T-Mobile is to use a custom version of Tagstand’s NFC Task Launcher app to power its forthcoming Tap Tag NFC service. Tagstand “says it’s also working with other carriers and OEMs, including EMT (Estonia, Baltic carrier), Avea (Turkey) and Alcatel, a Hong Kong-based manufacturer which will be preloading Tagstand on devices sold to a major European-based multinational carrier,” reports Techcrunch.
- Motorola secures Android and Apple devices with smart keyfob
- United Airlines to let passengers pay for airport food and drinks using award miles
- 65% of Canadians plan to make mobile payments
- Google Wallet adds refer-a-friend program
- White paper quantifies consumer attitudes to wearable payments